The Academy provides a comprehensive accommodation placement service to suit your needs.
Get the most out of your travel and study experience by living with an Australian family and experiencing the lifestyle first hand.
- Friendly homestay families with comfortable, clean and spacious homes.
- Accommodation located no more than 30 – 40 minutes travel time by public transport from the Academy.
- Two meals per day (breakfast and dinner) during the week and three meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) on weekends.
All homestay families have:
- Personally inspections and accredited by a Phoenix staff member
- Current Working With Children Check (WWC)
- Current Hold a National Police Clearance (NPC)
Phoenix Academy is renowned for it’s wide range of services, especially for younger students. Phoenix Academy can help with high school placements, guardianship, accommodation, the student’s welfare counselling, orientation and even offer assistance setting up a bank account.
Accommodation: Phoenix Academy carefully selects an Australian homestay family for the student to stay with while they participate in the Academic English for High School Preparation Course. Once the student enters secondary education, the school will usually find a new family. Homestay accommodation is highly recommended. Immersion in the English language and culture through staying with an Australian family will greatly enhance the student’s English language development.
Guardianship: Students under the age of 18 years old are legally required to live with an approved guardian.
While studying at Phoenix Academy, the Academy together with the homestay family will act as guardians for the student, however, once students enter mainstream education, an approved guardian must be appointed. If students do not have a close friend or relative in Perth who is willing to act as a guardian, Phoenix Academy or the school can appoint a guardian for the student.
On-Campus Student Residence – Beatty Lodge
The Academy’s on-campus student residence* is a convenient and cost effective accommodation option offering:
- 70 room hostel.
- Single, twin, triple and dorm rooms are available.
- Clean, modern self-catering facilities.
- Friendly, welcoming staff with great fun and sociable atmosphere.
- On-site recreation facilities including swimming pool, BBQ, pool table, Foxtel, TV’s and DVD player.
- Email and Internet access 24 hours a day.
- Located within five minutes from cafes, shops and all amenities.
- Accommodation and leisure packages to suit your needs.
- Optional Phoenix Club Card (PCC) membership offering superior floor upgrade.
|Adult (18+ years)|
|Placement fee (once only)||$250|
|Teenager (Under 18 years)|
|Weekly fees for 13 – 17 years||$300/wk|
|Weekly fees for 11 – 12 years||$310/wk|
|Placement fee (once only) for 13 – 17 years||$310|
|Placement fee (once only) for 11 – 12 years||$330|
|Children (6 – 10 years)|
|Weekly fees (including lunch Mon – Fri)||$375/wk|
|Placement fee (once only)||$370|
|*plus compulsory Daily Transport Fee/wk – 1 pax||$130/wk|
|– 2 pax (same homestay)||$160/wk|
|Please note that acceptance of 6 to 12 year old students will be subject to availability of homestay families.|
|Local carer fee (under 18 years)||$250|
|On-Campus Student Residence (Perth) Beatty Lodge – 2019
||per night||per week|
|Superior Single Room||A$70||A$441|
|Superior Twin Room||A$85||A$536|
|Superior Double Room||A$90||A$567|
|Standard Single Room||A$55||A$346|
|Standard Twin Share||A$45||A$284|
|Dormitory-2 beds (per person)||A$32.50||A$205|
|Dormitory-3 beds (per person)||A$25||A$158|
|Dormitory-4 beds (per person)||A$25||A$158|
|Dormitory-6 beds (per person)||A$30||A$189|
For more information, head to the Beatty Lodge website.
Beatty Lodge also welcomes guests who are not students of Phoenix Academy.