Conditions of Enrolment
How to Enrol
Send your completed Application Form to our representative in your country or direct to:
The Registrar, Phoenix Academy
PO Box 256, Leederville 6903, Western Australia
Or fax or email to: The Registrar, +61 8 9235 6005 or email@example.com
Or apply online.
We will send you an Offer of Study detailing the terms of payment.
On acceptance of your Offer of Study and receipt of fees, Phoenix Academy will send you pre-arrival information along with accommodation information. For student visa applications, a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) will be sent to you. Take the COE to an Australian embassy to apply for a Student Visa.
Conditions of Enrolment
- Tuition fees and all other fees (e.g. Overseas Student Health Cover) are to be paid according to your Offer of Study.
- For Airport Transfer and Homestay requests please provide flight details (number, date, arrival time) at least 2 weeks before you arrive in Australia. Phoenix Academy will confirm the details with you and send full homestay arrangements.
- For student visas, when selecting a commencement date please allow at least 4 weeks for visa processing.
- Any changes to enrolment details must be notified to Phoenix Academy in writing.
- Students under 18 years old are required to have a local Carer/Guardian (please see below for details).
- Phoenix Academy reserves the right to change its fees and conditions at any time without notice.
- Change of address: Student Visa holders are required under the terms of their visa to notify Phoenix Academy of any change of address during their study at Phoenix Academy.
- Conditions under which the Academy may suspend or cancel your enrolment:
- Non-payment of fees
- Misbehaviour or misconduct
- Failure to meet course prerequisites
- Failure to meet satisfactory attendance
- Failure to meet satisfactory course progress
- The Department of Immigration and Border Protection regulation states that students on student visas must attend 80% of their classes to satisfy immigration requirements. Should your attendance fall below this level, you may be at risk of having your visa cancelled. Attendance at Phoenix Academy is based on the actual days of study from the date of commencement, and calculated as a percentage at the end of every class week. Should your attendance fall below 80%, Phoenix Academy reserves the right to cancel or suspend your enrolment, which may put your visa at risk.
- Students enrolled in an Award Course Program (e.g. Diploma of Business) must achieve satisfactory course progress. Students who fail to maintain satisfactory course progress maybe at risk of their visa being suspended or cancelled.
- Student wanting to withdraw, cancel, defer, or transfer to another provider must submit a formal request in writing to the Registrar.
- A LATE PAYMENT FEE up to $500 may be charged on outstanding fees. Interest calculated on a daily basis, using the current bank rate, may also be charged on outstanding fees.
- Any photos or videos taken on the premises of Phoenix Academy by students and/ or Phoenix Academy staff may be used for promotional purposes.
Additional Conditions (Under 18 Years Only)
Students enrolled in the Phoenix High School Preparation Program (under 18 years old) will be required to live with a Phoenix homestay family who act as the local carer or show evidence of living with a Phoenix approved responsible adult who will act as guardian.
All requests for a refund should be submitted in writing (with supporting documentation) to the Principal, Phoenix Academy.
A notice of withdrawal due to:
- illness or disability
- death of a close family member (parent, sibling, spouse, child)
- political or civil event that prevents acquittal
may be accepted as grounds for partial refund of fees. Supporting documentary evidence must be provided.
In all cases:
- refunds of tuition and accommodation fees will be in accordance with the Western Australian Government’s Policy Guidelines for institutions providing courses to international students and Commonwealth Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000. These documents are available to students on request.
- Phoenix will give the student a statement that explains how the refund amount has been worked out.
- Refund calculations are based on a maximum 24 week course block(s), or the course duration, whichever is the lesser.
- The refund (if any) will be paid within four weeks after receiving a written claim by the student.
This agreement does not remove the right to take further action under Australia’s consumer protection laws. In the case of any disputes, Phoenix’s Dispute Resolution processes do not circumscribe the student’s right to pursue other legal remedies.
|Refund Policy||Amount Refunded|
|If we offer a place at Phoenix the
|If the visa application is unsuccessful and the student notifies Phoenix in writing within 14 days of refusal from the Embassy||100% of tuition fees paid|
|If the student withdraws up to 4 weeks before course commencement||90% of tuition fees paid except an Administration Fee of up to A$600|
|If the student withdraws 0 to 4 weeks before course commencement||50% of tuition fees paid except an Administration Fee of up to A$600|
|If the student withdraws and leaves the course 0 to 4 weeks after course commencement||30% of tuition fees paid except an Administration Fee of up to A$600|
|If the course is 12 weeks or less and the student withdraws and leaves the course 0 to 4 weeks after course commencement||No refund is given|
|If the student withdraws after Week 4 of the course||Any refund is at the discretion of Phoenix|
|If the student cancels Homestay accommodation up to 2 weeks before they wish to leave the house||100% of accommodation fees paid except the Placement Fee|
|If the student cancels Homestay accommodation less than 2 weeks before they wish to leave the house||No refund is given|
|If the student withdraws from Student Residence accommodation:|
|2 weeks or more before course commencement||100% of accommodation fees paid|
|2 weeks or less before course commencement||70% of accommodation fees paid|
|After course commencement||No refund|
|In the event that Phoenix Academy defaults of any courses offered and paid for by the student||100% tuition fees paid|
|If a student fails to notify the correct flight details or any change of details at least 2 days prior to arrival.||No refund of airport pickup fees|
|If a student breaches international visa conditions of the rules of the provider and is terminated from the course||No refund of the first 24 week block and and 40% of the fees applicable to a subsequent 24 weeks block.|
Dependants: Student’s dependants can enrol in a government or registered non-government high school as long as they meet the criteria set by the Department of Education (DOE). Depending on the school (government or non-government) and type of application (visa class of the parent and dependant) different fees and enrolment processes may apply.
Employment: Students on a Student Visa are entitled to work 40 hours per fortnight during study periods and full-time in holidays. Spouses who accompany student visa holders may be able to work under certain circumstances. For more information, contact Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
Health Cover: It is a requirement of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection that holders of student visas should have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). For newly arrived students, this cover is arranged by Phoenix Academy as part of the admissions process. Full information, including how to claim a refund of medical expenses is provided during Orientation.
Information Collection: Information is collected on this form and during your enrolment in order to meet our obligations under the ESOS Act and the National Code 2007; to ensure student compliance with the conditions of their visas and their obligations under Australian immigration laws generally. The authority to collect this information is contained in the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000, the Education Services for Overseas Students Regulations 2001 and the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2007. Information collected about you on this form and during your enrolment can be provided, in certain circumstances, to the Australian Government and designated authorities and, if relevant, the Tuition Protection Service (TPS) and the TPS Director. In other instances information collected on this form or during your enrolment can be disclosed without your consent where authorised or required by law.