The Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (TAE40116)
National Course Code: TAE40116
CRICOS Course Code: 103320E
Course Length: 3 – 6 Months (including content delivery + assessment completion time)
Delivery Mode: In Perth and In-Country : Available Face-to-Face , Online or Blended
Commencement Dates (Part-time - Fast Track): 15 Jan / 23 Apr / 30 Jul
Commencement Dates (Full-time - intensive): 25 Jan / 5 Apr / 5 Jul
Fees: $3900 (Full qualification) / $3400 (fast track option) / $390 per unit or cluster
Requirements: CEFR B1/ IELTS 5.0 or equivalent and Minimum Age 18 years
Professional Experience: Ideal candidates should have broad industry knowledge and experience.
This Certificate IV course is designed for people who are working in Vocational Education and Training as Trainers and Assessors.
The units offered cover Planning Assessment, Validating Assessment, Delivering Group Based Learning, Designing and Developing Learning Programs, Language and Numeracy Diagnosis and Remediation, Facilitating Learning in the Workplace.
TAE40116 Certificate IV Training and Assessment requires completion of 10 units of competency (9 core and 1 elective). TAE40116 has been packaged by Phoenix Academy to meet the packaging rules as follows:
9 Core Units:
|TAEDES401||Design and develop learning programs|
|TAEDES402||Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs|
|TAEDEL401||Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning|
|TAEDEL402||Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace|
|TAEASS401||Plan assessment activities and processes|
|TAEASS403||Participate in assessment validation|
|TAEASS502||Design and develop assessment tools|
|TAELLN411||Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills|
1 Elective Unit:
|AEDEL501S||Deliver E-Learning Skill Set|
PHOENIX ACADEMY is offering a new ‘Fast-track’, blended delivery option providing intensive face-to-face (or Zoom) workshops combined with online portal work and required assessment completion time to meet the needs of existing teachers/trainers requiring specific skill sets, upskilling or re-training.
- Intensive workshops delivered over 14 weeks (a total of 7 workshops held fortnightly) to cover course content delivery / assessment information.
- Candidates can utilise the time in-between delivery workshops to complete required assessment tasks, compile evidence portfolio and complete pre-reading tasks for the upcoming unit. This flexible course delivery mode enables candidates to commence at any time as the program will be cyclic enabling candidates to add on missed units at the end of the program or only complete specific units as required.
What if I want to do a longer less intense course?
We have a 24 week course that commences on the 1st February 2021 and concludes on the 5th August 2021.
- Two Face to Face delivery sessions per week (Wednesdays and Fridays 9.00-12.15 pm)
- Cost $3900. Government Funding available*
If you would like to enter this program, you must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in your proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience. We will ask you to bring in evidence of this on Day 1 of your face-to-face class. This could be:
- a resume;
- a job description;
- a statement of attainment of a relevant unit of competency;
- a certificate of a relevant qualification;
- evidence of professional development;
- anything that shows your experience in your proposed teaching and assessing area
Government Funding (SCOW)
Now’s the time to reskill and reset your life! We have some great news for our clients!
The Australian Government funded Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers (SCOW) program offers eligible persons aged 45-70 a funding contribution towards any workplace-related skills training (with a maximum rebate of $2000).
Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program
The Skills Checkpoint Program will support up to 20,000 older Australians over four years by providing targeted support to help them stay in or get into the workforce .
How it Works
You may be eligible for SCOW funding if you:
- Are aged between 45 and 70;
- Are not registered with an Australian Government Employment Services Provider Scheme;
- Are already on Job-Keeper and still working
- Are an Australian citizen or PR
For more information and find out if you are eligible, please visit https://www.employment.gov.au/skillscheckpointprogram
How to apply?
The TAE application form together with your deposit should be submitted a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the course commencement date to:
PO Box 256, Leederville 6903
Interviews will take place shortly after your application has been received. You will be notified of acceptance into your intended course in writing no later than one week after your interview.
1. An application fee of $200 must accompany your application. An interview will not be conducted without this part of the fee.
2. The remainder of fees must be paid no later than Monday 14 days prior to course commencement to confirm or your place will be automatically cancelled.