Phoenix TESOL Certificate / TKT Preparation
Dates: 20 Jan / 6 May / 15 Jul / 19 Aug / 7 Oct / 11 Nov / 11 Jan (2021)
Duration: 3 weeks
Hours Per Week: Mondays and Wednesdays from 5.00-9.00pm
Delivery Mode: Blended
Online: 100 hours online course is available before, during or after the face to face component.
The Phoenix TESOL Certificate course has been designed to introduce the theories and techniques for Teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language and to give candidates practical “in class” experience and observation of expert teachers.
TKT Exam Option:
- Candidates are given online access to the Cambridge Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) support material (100 hours of online study) to solidify their understanding of concepts related to language use & the background to & practise of language teaching & learning
- Candidates have the choice of taking the TKT exam immediately after the Phoenix TESOL Certificate Course to demonstrate this knowledge and to gain the Cambridge TKT Certificate to supplement the Phoenix TESOL Certificate
Teaching Real Students:
During the three-week course, trainees observe expert teachers teaching real students.
Trainees must deliver on 45-minute lesson and will receive written and oral feedback from their tutor.
The Phoenix TESOL Certificate, combined with the TKT online material and exam, gives teaching candidates qualifications and the practical experience to enable them to confidently accept a position to teach English as a second or foreign language in many countries.
Phoenix arranges teaching positions for it's graduates in a range of countries & guarantees the work conditions & teaching experience.
Modules of Study
Language & Background to Language Learning and Teaching
• Describing language and language skills
• Background to language teaching
Lesson Planning and Use of Resources for Language Teaching
• Planning and preparing a lesson or sequence of lessons
• Selection and use of resources
Managing the Teaching and Learning Process
• Teachers’ and learners’ language in the classroom
• Classroom management
To be eligible for the Phoenix TESOL Certificate, candidates must:
- Attend all input sessions.
- Observe and complete an observation task of at least one experienced teacher.
- Successfully complete at least one 40-minute lesson with volunteer international students at the Intermediate level.
Successful completion of the assessed teaching practice means candidates have demonstrated:
- good understanding of the communicative approach to English Language teaching
- a solid ability to manage a classroom of adult learners
- a good ability to communicate with and build rapport with students from a range of countries and cultures
- an emerging ability to teach language and communicative skills