Global Business Skills
Course Length: 5 week modules (2 Units per module)
Hours Per Week: Up to 18 hours/week lectures & tutorials + 5 hours/week online study
Eight flexible intakes: 20 Jan (2020) / 24 Feb / 6 Apr / 11 May / 29 Jun / 3 Aug / 14 Sep / Oct 19 / 18 Jan (2021)
Cost: $280 per week
Class Size: Average 12, Maximum 16
Requirements: B1+/B2 (IELTS 5.5 overall with no sub- score lower than 5.0) or equivalent
The GBS Course provides students with the opportunity to participate in mainstream Certificate IV &/or Diploma level Business classes for 5-week blocks.
This program is ideal as an addition to the end of an English language course or as another avenue to enhance English language skills in a new context as students will be challenged through interaction with Certificate IV & Diploma of Business students, some of whom may be native speakers of English, and through exposure to English language in a Business context that has not been modified for English language learners.
In addition to learning a range of Business skills (micro credentials), GBS students have the opportunity to study in our brand-new subject ‘Entrepreneurships and Start-ups’ and learn about start-ups/incubators as well as some of the fundamentals of running a business such as:
- Concept development
- Business models
- Business plan development and planning concepts
- Funding models
- Business pitches and presentations
- Soft skills
- Successful communication in the workplace
- Risk management (overview)
- Creativity and innovation
1) Students must enrol in the full module (5 week block)
2) Students may complete the program as an ‘audit’ student by attending class and completing classwork OR may opt to complete the formal assessments in addition to the classwork if they wish to receive a grade for the Unit/Subject along with a Statement of Attainment/Statement of Completion.
3) Student Visa holders must complete the full workload for each block (ie, the class work/course work, assessments and all subjects in the 5 week block)
4) Non-Student Visa holders may opt to complete one or two subjects in a block where applicable