Cambridge Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT)
Commencement dates: Dates on Application
Requirements: Intermediate or CEFR B1 / IELTS 4.0 or equivalent
Online: Online: 100 hours self-access online course is available
TKT shows how you are developing as a teacher. It is ideal for people who want to prove their teaching knowledge with a globally recognised certificate.
TKT is a flexible series of modular teaching qualifications, which test your knowledge in specific areas of English language teaching. You can take as many modules as you want, over any time period. You receive a Cambridge English certificate for each module you complete.
TKT is at Foundation to Developing stages on the Cambridge English Teaching Framework.
- Candidates are given online access to the Cambridge Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) support material (100 hours of online study) to solidify their understanding of concepts related to language use & the background to & practise of language teaching & learning
About the tests
TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test) is a series of modular tests. You can take each test individually and decide how and when you take the tests.
A test of knowledge about the principles and practice of English language teaching:
- TKT: Module 1: Language and background to language learning and teaching
- TKT: Module 2: Lesson planning and use of resources for language teaching
- TKT: Module 3: Managing the teaching and learning process
Specialist modules (Available on Request)
An introduction to specialist areas of English language teaching:
- TKT: CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning)
- TKT: YL (Young Learners)